Friday Notes: May 24, 2013
· The Baccalaureate Mass will be this Sunday, May 26th at the 11:00 A.M. Mass. Reception for the graduates and their families after Mass.
· No school on Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. A big “Thank You” to all those who have served and are currently serving in the Military! There will be a Mass at Mt. Calvary Cemetery at 8:30 A.M. Bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
· On Tuesday, May 28th we will be having our in-school Talent Show for the students and teachers only; Dress Code C.
· Wednesday, May 29th is our annual Track and Field Day. Dress code C; come dressed for Track and Field Day. Track and Field T-shirt orders will be sent home today with the students. Father Richard will be providing lunch. Please note that all parents and families are also invited to have lunch on Track and Field Day.
· Thursday, May 30th there will be graduation practice.
· On Thursday, May 30th from 12:15-2:15 P.M. the 5th Grade class will be on their fishing expedition to Chase Pond with Mr. Martin. Please bring sunglasses, hats and weather appropriate clothing.
· Friday, May 31st is our last day of school and our 6th Grade Graduation. The 6th Graders will be leaving at 10:30 A.M. for their class party. Congratulations and Good Luck! Kindergarten through 5th grades need to wear their “Darks and Lights”.
· We are looking for a few volunteers to help weed and maintain the school flower garden. Keep in mind that you can use this time for your service hours. Please contact the school office. Thank you.
· On June 2nd after the 11:00 A.M. Mass, there will be an Ice Cream Social to celebrate Mrs. Sally Dreyer’s retirement. Congratulations to Mrs. Dreyer for her “Outstanding” 34 years here at St. Rose of Lima School. May God bless you on the next chapter of your life!
“I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me.” Philippians 4:13
St. Rose of Lima Parish School
707 S. Jefferson St., Hastings, MI 49058
IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
All Students are Welcome in Grades Young 5’s and K-6th
On April 22, 2013, St. Rose of Lima Parish School is offering Gesell Screening, a tool used to gauge a student’s readiness level for school. We feel a successful education starts when children begin school at their own readiness level. Our Young 5’s/Kindergarten teacher is a Highly Qualified Early Elementary teacher. St. Rose offers academic excellence in a faith-centered, family –oriented environment.
For your registration form, Gesell appointment, and more information contact the school at (269)945-3164.
Please Bring: Child’s Birth Certificate
Proof of Residency
KINDERGARTEN WAIVER REQUEST FOR 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR.
According to Michigan Law, if a child residing in Hastings Area School District is not five years of age on November 1, 2013 but will be five years of age not later than December 1, 2013, the parent or legal guardian of that child may enroll the child in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year if the parent or legal guardian notifies the school district in writing not later than June 1, 2013, that he or she intends to enroll the child in kindergarten. If a child becomes a resident of the Hastings Area Schools after June 1, 2013, the child’s parent or legal guardian may enroll the child in kindergarten for that school year if the parent or legal guardian submits this written notification not later than August 1, 2013 under this subsection. A school district that receives this written notification may make a recommendation to the parent or legal guardian as to whether the child is not ready to enroll in kindergarten due to the child’s age or other factors. Regardless of the district recommendation, the parent or legal guardian retains the sole discretion to determine whether or not to enroll the child in kindergarten if the student is five years of age not later than December 1, 2013.