I hope everyone has had a great school year. It seems like we just started, and now here we are in the home stretch! We have seen many great things this past year: a great Christmas play directed by Steve Youngs; a school bulletin to the parish from the 4th grade; and a buzzer and monitor to the school entrance for added security. We have had 4 current St. Rose student get baptized during school masses. It has truly been such a great school year that I can’t wait to see what next year will bring. With that being said, we are coming to one of the busiest months of the school year; May! There is a lot happening in May and I would like to take a minute to let you know what has been planned.
· May 1st : The Fourth grade will be going to the court house for Law Day, Shorts are allowed to be worn at school check the handbook for more details. (Shorts may NOT be worn to school on days students attend Mass. Students may change into shorts following Mass. In the evening there is a First Communion meeting for parents in the church at 7:00
· Sunday May 5th: at 1:00 P.M. First Communion Mass 3rd – 6th grades are required to be at this mass as the school choir (please have your child(en) wear their (darks and lights – Dress Code A).
· May 8th: The May Crowning of Mary during the 8:30 School Mass.
· May 9th – May 10th: Sixth graders go to Chicago, and Fifth graders go to camp.
· May 10th: Second and Third graders will be going to the One Room School house.
· May 10th: The Kindergarten, First, and Fourth grades will be going to see The Little Mermaid.
· May 17th: The Third grade will be going to the Barry County Fairgrounds for Agricultural Day.
· May 20th: Sixth grade retreat.
· May 21st: Parents’ Club Meeting at 6:30 in the school Library.
· May 22nd: Spring Sing in the Church Starting at 7:00 preformed by Grades 3-6 Darks and Lights (Dress Code A)
· May 23rd: Kindergarten Visitation 12:30-1:30.
· May 27th: No school: Memorial Day.
· May 28th: Talent Show for Students only.
· May 29th: Track and Field Day.
· May 30th: Sixth grade graduation practice.
· May 30th: First grade will be going to Mooville.
· May 31st Sixth Grade Graduation and a ½ day of School. Dismissal at 11:30.
· May 31st is the last day of School. Report cards go home.
Thank you, everyone, for all your hard work this past year. St Rose School can’t be what it is without all the hard work and dedication of the staff, parents, and other supporters. It is truly an honor to work with all of you in keeping St. Rose School a place where “Kids can be kids longer”. If you know of a family who is looking for a great school with great teachers and small classes; please don’t hesitate to send them this way.