Friday Notes: May 3, 2013
· First Communion is this Sunday, May 5th at 1:00 P.M. Third through Sixth Grades are required to sing as the student choir. Please wear your “Darks and Lights”, and be in the church basement at 12:45 P.M.
· First ever “Spring” Scholastic Book Fair will be held May 4th through May 9th. More information will be in the church bulletin. This is a great opportunity to purchase books for summer reading for your children. You can buy one book and get one free. Proceeds will go to our Library.
· May 1st the students may start wearing shorts. Shorts may NOT be worn to school on days students attend Mass (typically Wednesday and Friday). Students may change into shorts following Mass. NO GYM shorts (like basketball shorts). Shorts may not be shorter than mid-thigh. Please refer to your Handbook.
· As a reminder, students must wear socks with their footwear; and flip-flops are not allowed.
· There is a Finance Council Meeting on Monday, May 6th at 7 P.M. at the Rectory.
· Tuesday May 7th is National Teacher Day. A big “thank you” to our GREAT teachers here at St. Rose School.
· There is an Education Commission Meeting on Wednesday, May 15th at 6:00 P.M. in the school library.
· May Crowning will be Wednesday, May 8th at 8:30 A.M. during Mass. The students need to wear their “Darks and Lights”. All are welcome to attend. The school will be closed from 8:30 to 9:30 so all may attend this celebration.
· Wednesday, May 8th Kindergarten Tea after Mass.
· Wednesday, May 8th at 11:00 A.M.; Kindergarten, First, and Second Graders are having a music program in the All-Purpose Room. All families are welcome to come and join us.
· Thursday May 9th and Friday May 10th the 5th Grade will be at Camp.
· Thursday May 9th and Friday May 10th the 6th Grade will be in Chicago.
· Friday May 10, 2013; 8:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M., the 2nd and 3rd Grades will be going to the One Room School House (Hinds School).
· Friday May 10, 2013; 12:30 P.M. to 3:00 P.M., Kindergarten, 1st and 4th Grades will be attending “The Little Mermaid Jr.” in Nashville.
· Please look in your oldest child’s book bag for a letter with information about the teaching assignments for the 2013/14 school year.
· Also, look for an order form for T-Shirts for Track & Field Day. Please submit your orders by Wednesday, May 8th. Checks should be made out to “St. Rose School”.
· We are looking for a chair person to run the Bi-Annual Rummage Sale. For more details, please contact Kyle Welter as soon as possible. This is an important Fundraiser for our school.
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” John 8:12
St. Rose of Lima Parish School
707 S. Jefferson St., Hastings, MI 49058
IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE
FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
All Students are Welcome in Grades Young 5’s and K-6th
On April 22, 2013, St. Rose of Lima Parish School is offering Gesell Screening, a tool used to gauge a student’s readiness level for school. We feel a successful education starts when children begin school at their own readiness level. Our Young 5’s/Kindergarten teacher is a Highly Qualified Early Elementary teacher. St. Rose offers academic excellence in a faith-centered, family –oriented environment.
For your registration form, Gesell appointment, and more information contact the school at (269)945-3164.
Please Bring: Child’s Birth Certificate
Proof of Residency
KINDERGARTEN WAIVER REQUEST FOR 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR.
According to Michigan Law, if a child residing in Hastings Area School District is not five years of age on November 1, 2013 but will be five years of age not later than December 1, 2013, the parent or legal guardian of that child may enroll the child in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year if the parent or legal guardian notifies the school district in writing not later than June 1, 2013, that he or she intends to enroll the child in kindergarten. If a child becomes a resident of the Hastings Area Schools after June 1, 2013, the child’s parent or legal guardian may enroll the child in kindergarten for that school year if the parent or legal guardian submits this written notification not later than August 1, 2013 under this subsection. A school district that receives this written notification may make a recommendation to the parent or legal guardian as to whether the child is not ready to enroll in kindergarten due to the child’s age or other factors. Regardless of the district recommendation, the parent or legal guardian retains the sole discretion to determine whether or not to enroll the child in kindergarten if the student is five years of age not later than December 1, 2013.